roxychick's: to whine & be frank. almost.

Friday, March 07, 2008

milky way.

one of the new reader of roxychick's, ms emly left a comment on my previous post, telling me how much nursing moms warm her heart and that she hopes that i'll continue breastfeeding my lil zaes till 2yrs old. you see, i must thank God for giving me the opportunity to breastfeed my son till now (and still producing well).

being a new mom, i can still remember the pain i had to go thru the first time i gave my milk to my son. it was such an awful experience when he refused to suck my nips a lil longer cuz after a couple of suction, he'd fell asleep (the 1st 2 weeks tu, my son likes to sleep. he doesn't drink much.. betul! he can sleep hours without milk) i had to put the cabbage leaves (a tip i learnt from my mama) to soothed my swollen and bloated breast. and of course, i've to expressed the milk out and stored them, to the extend that my mom's freezer was already filled up with my breastmilk (in storage cups, of course) and i had to tell others not to confused the milk with yogurt or any other off-white-coloured desserts.

i cried and almost gave up because of the pain. but 2 weeks after that, everything was under controlled and i even became the ibu susu to my niece, myia sarah who is only a week's older than my son and her mother, my eldest sis, was the ibu susu to my baby. (she wants my son to call her bonda instead of auntie) and from that day onwards, i vowed to myself that i'll feed him as long as i can!

so, when i started working, there was this 3D 2N outing to an island thingey my dept had planned earlier on. of course i was afraid to leave him behind, but due to the storage i made earlier on, they were enuf for him during my absence (and of course with the help of his bonda, who fed him during the nites only) at that time, he was almost 3 months old.

memang ada challenges since my mama kena babysit dia during the day. (yup. i'm still leaving with my mama..) you see, mama takes care all her grandchildren (she insists. daripada suruh tah sapa2 jaga, baik mama jaga) my 3 nieces and my son. at times, when she has to do other chores, she finds it a lil bit susah when it comes to feeding the babies. nak kena letak susu kat warmer pastu make sure tak panas sangat and all. so, she suggested me to give him formula, malam je baru bg breastmilk. of course i don't want la kan.. (3 months ago, my sis already did that to her daughter cuz she can't produce breastmilk anymore) tapi i have to make sure my supply is sufficient so that mama tak bising.

but when i first got my period - -3rd months after giving birth - i suddenly realised that the production of my milk was quite low and i thought that my milk dah near end dah.. i was a lil worried la.(stressed out gile masa nih) i surf the net to find the anything i could so that i can still produce milk and i stumbled upon earth mama angel baby milkmaid tea. it's an herbal tea yg supposedly good for nursing moms to produce more milk. so, i bought the tea from this kedai @ou (can't remember the name, but you can also find it locally - online via tbl or fabmom) and yeah, it did help in producing more milk. tapi after my period, my breastmilk produce macam biasa je, so bila pikir2 balik, maybe it's normal dia jadik camtu bila tengah period. then i realised that actually the tea helped mommies yang memang low (regardless ada period ke tak) milk production dia, so i stopped drinking the tea and sampai sekarang, bila susu macam sikit je, tu maknenye nak period la tu..

despite my will to give my baby exclusive breastfeeding, mama & mak (in-law) sibuk la suggest gak bagi formula kat zaes:
kat rumah mama: if awak selalu balik lambat camni, susah la mama bila susu awak dah habis! kat rumah mak: kena juga bagi dia susu tepung. susah nanti muharra nak buat kerja sebab dia tak nak susu lain.

so, for a start, (just to familiarize him wif formula) i bought formula E yang harga dia rm30++ untuk tin kecik. mama tried to feed him the other day (masa dia masuk 6 bulan last feb), tapi dia tak nak. reject. no. pangkah! (wah! susu mahal nih..) then, i called up his paed and she gave formula s-x6. still, he rejects it totally. siap tutup mulut rapat2 and blurted the milk outta his tiny mouth. (alamak! camne nih? what happened if esok lusa my milk dah takde?? how?) masa tu memang panik sket la. then, i asked for some of another formula F from my cousin. pon dia tak nak. and my last resort was formula L, rm11++ satu tin kecik. he drank like 2 bottles (of 4oz') the other day, but today dia reject pulak.

and sebab i don't want to stress myself so much about this whole formula vs breastmilk issue, i decided to let nature take its course. i think zaes pon dah tired of refusing and rejecting formulas and clearly he's more comfy with my milk. (jimat sungguh anak mommey nih..)
there.

zaes: formula sux! mommey's milk rulez!

zaes: keep up the gud milk, mommey! *muacks*

(actually it feels great to have silent readers. to whom it may concern, thanks for dropping by my crappy blog and i hope i've told good - eventho tak best mana - stories and made your day.)

so. tomorrow is the election day for the nation. have you registered as a voter?
if you have, please choose and vote wisely yah.
enuf said.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home